Tough times are part of life but you don’t have to live with a suffering mindset. Learning to relax will lift your mood and your vibration until the tough times pass.
Here are easy things you can do to practice relaxing.
- Slow down. Do you rush around from Monday to Friday trying to meet deadlines at work and at home? Wake up early and leave a gap between appointments. Pause to collect your thoughts, and listen to the bird's sing.
- Electronic Release. Try to disconnect a few hours each day f…
Mythical white horses don’t have a monopoly on magic.
While Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccinos were only around for a few days, you can cultivate a sense of wonder that lasts for a lifetime.
Take the time to notice the small miracles that happen each day and surround yourself with love and support.
Try these tips for simple changes you can make to create a more magical daily life.
- Practice optimism. Studies show that optimists earn more money, enjoy better health, and may even live longer. …
How can you deepen your experience of life to get the most from it?
One way is to think about the last days of your life now and what you’ll be able to say about your life as you near your journey’s end.
For just a few minutes, cast aside your opinion that thinking about the end of your journey is “morbid.”
Instead, consider it an opportunity to enrich your current existence in ways you can’t imagine.
What would you like to be able to say about your life?
Consider these statements:
We’ve all heard it — that inner voice that speaks up whenever we’ve just messed up. Sometimes, your critical inner voice tells you what you should have done but didn’t. Other times, it reminds you of something you did that you could have avoided.
How can you quiet that voice before it destroys your self-esteem and confidence?
Follow this 6-step process:
1. Analyze the criticisms. Point by point, what does your inner voice say? Jot it down so you can reflect on what you feel you’re doing wron…
Have you ever had a bad day and decided to throw in the towel? A bad day can make you feel like giving up and waiting for tomorrow to come.
With some effort and a little mental toughness, a bad day can be turned into a good day.
Learn to make a good day out of a bad day with these strategies:
- If you’re at home, make your bed or clean the kitchen counters. If you’re at work, send that email you’ve been avoiding. Give yourself a small success and a little momentum.
- Make a reasonable plan to…
There are several things introverts can do to increase their happiness and life satisfaction.
Most of them are quite easy, too! Here are a few more ideas to consider:
- Choose a suitable career. A sales career might not be the best choice for an introverted person. You’ll be happier if you choose a career path that doesn’t require constant communication with others.
- Avoid over-scheduling. An extrovert might thrive with a daily schedule that includes a full day of work, meeting friends for di…
Studies show that extroverts tend to be happier than introverts. But that doesn’t mean you’re doomed to a life of sadness and misery, either! if you’re an introvert, you can’t just turn yourself into an extrovert. However, you can use these mind set tips to make your life happier.
Consider these ideas:
- Accept yourself. If you’re introverted, you’re introverted. That can be challenging in some ways and a blessing in others. You can’t change your basic nature, so you may as well embrace it. Re…
Why do some of us seem to have better intuition than others? Perhaps you believe that you lack intuition all together.
It’s a mistake to only rely on logic when you have other tools at your disposal. Give your intuition a chance.
Meditation can quiet the mind enough to notice what your intuition is saying. Your intuition might be talking to you, but you’re not getting the message.
With everything else going on in your head, you might not even notice that your intuition is trying to communic…
Since change is so challenging, it’s important to put all your resources toward changing just one part of your life.
You can change if you really want to.
Follow these strategies and you can change anything about your life you desire:
1. Focus your attention on one aspect of your life. Accomplishing something big will require a lot of your time, energy, and focus. Now isn’t the time to search for the partner of your dreams, lose 40 pounds, find a new job, and train for your first marathon. P…
Developing a positive mindset is a constant practice.
In sports, you must continually condition your body to move in a certain way for peak performance.
So is the continual conditioning of the mind.
Here are a few ways to help you develop a positive mindset:
- Edit your self-talk. Treat yourself with compassion. Acknowledge your fears and losses. Encourage yourself to keep striving.
- Cultivate gratitude. Remembering our blessings reminds us of our connection to each other and the divi…