Making Their Day Makes Yours
Just wondering. What do you do to make someone’s day?
I make a point of reaching out to people to let them know I’m thinking of them. I may not have an hour to chat on the phone when people pop in my head, but I have time for a text or an inbox message to let them know they matter.
Take my word for it. Treating others this way is really fun. You feel just as good as they do. When you make someone’s day, it bounces back to you. It's a great feeling to witness their joy and surprise. Especially if you’ve been apart for quite some time. It can be little things, like:
- Sending an interesting article to a friend.
- Arranging to have a cup of tea and virtual catch up with some you know.
- Sending a motivational text to a friend who is struggling.
- Texting someone you know a joke to cheer them up.
- Telling someone you know why you are thankful for them.
- Arranging to watch a film at the same time as a friend on a video call.
- Tell someone that you are proud of them.
It doesn't take much to create a joyful moment. Look around, and you'll find there are more opportunities than you think.
What do you do to make someone’s day?
For more help making other's day, consider taking my free online workshop.
Coach Dee Woolridge