Create Rules For Your Life That Serve You Well
There’s profound freedom that comes from living by a set of rules that you’ve chosen for yourself.
You can refrain from toiling over as many decisions. You simply follow your own rules.
Develop your own set of rules for each aspect of your life.
This example can guide you in creating a unique set of rules for your own life:
- I always go to bed and get up at times that provide me with the opportunity to get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep.
- I refrain from checking email before 10 AM or after 4 PM.
- I refuse to answer the phone when I’m spending time with my family.
- I tell everyone in my family that I love them at least once per day.
- I accept full responsibility for all outcomes in my life, both good and bad.
- I read a minimum of 30 minutes per day.
- I speak to all of my friends at least once each month.
- I meditate every night for 10 minutes before I go to sleep.
- Before bed, I make a list of the most important items to complete the following day.
And so on.
Having a list of rules for your behavior makes it easier to make wise decisions with less mental turmoil.
Your rules can move you closer to your goals, as well as remove frustration from your life. Follow these tips to develop your own rules:
- Make a list of your most important goals.
- Know what you value in life.
- Know your obstacles and devise ways to overcome them.
- What example do you want to set for your children?
Start with a couple of rules and add more as you see fit.
I’m eager to hear what yours are. Hit reply and let me know.
Take care for now. Oh yeah… don’t forget about MSM. Learn about it here.