Happiness Tips for Introverts part 1
Studies show that extroverts tend to be happier than introverts. But that doesn’t mean you’re doomed to a life of sadness and misery, either! if you’re an introvert, you can’t just turn yourself into an extrovert. However, you can use these mind set tips to make your life happier.
Consider these ideas:
- Accept yourself. If you’re introverted, you’re introverted. That can be challenging in some ways and a blessing in others. You can’t change your basic nature, so you may as well embrace it. Remember that you have many advantages over extroverts.
- Focus on the quality of relationships in your life, rather than the quantity. Introverts don’t dislike people, but they do dislike shallow conversations and relationships. As an introvert, your socialization needs to be meaningful. You don’t need 30 friends. You need a couple of good friends.
- Take time for yourself. Introverts thrive on alone time, so give yourself plenty of it. Create a lifestyle that matches your need to spend time alone.
- Acknowledge your strengths. You’ll be happier if you remember that being an introvert is great in many ways. Look at yourself and the extroverts you know. What can you do that they can’t? What are your strengths compared to theirs?
- Pretend to be an extrovert. Studies have shown that introverts experience positive feelings after pretending to be extroverted in social gatherings. The next time you’re at a party, pretend you’re an actor and act extroverted. You might discover that you like parties more than you thought!
Where you lie on the extroversion-introversion scale is believed to be quite consistent.
It’s a case of “you are what you are.”
Extroverts might have it a little easier, but there are many advantages to being introverted.
If you're a fear based introvert, my FREE workshop might help. Its called, Kick Fear In the Face and it teaches you how to conquer three common pitfalls that cause fear and anxiety
See you next week for part 2 to find out more.
P.S. have you tapped into the Mindshift Membership yet? It helps increase happiness by training your mind to be positive. Make the shift.