What if Your Life was Over Tomorrow?
How can you deepen your experience of life to get the most from it?
One way is to think about the last days of your life now and what you’ll be able to say about your life as you near your journey’s end.
For just a few minutes, cast aside your opinion that thinking about the end of your journey is “morbid.”
Instead, consider it an opportunity to enrich your current existence in ways you can’t imagine.
What would you like to be able to say about your life?
Consider these statements:
- I was a good parent. Ask yourself right now, “How am I doing as a parent?” If my life ended tomorrow, could I make this statement truthfully?
- I worked hard. If you know you work as hard as you can at whatever you do, you can be assured about this one.
- I treated other people how I wanted to be treated. Do you follow the golden rule to, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?”
- I knew when to step in to help someone and recognized the times it would be helpful for me to stay out of it. Do you see yourself as helpful to others? Do you “overdo” it and take on other people’s challenges or try to “fix” them and their lives?
- I was patient and kind toward everyone. Reflect on how you currently treat others. Decide for yourself whether you’d like to make any adjustments in how you deal with those around you.
- I was a great son or daughter. How do you define being a great son/daughter? Do you fit your own definition?
- People could count on me. Think about whether you’ve been dependable in your work, social relationships, and family relationships. You have time now to make changes if you want to set your sights a bit higher.
- I meant what I said and said what I meant. This statement is about communicating honestly with others about your thoughts and feelings.
- I lived each day as if it were my last. You’ve heard the expression to “Live life to its fullest.” Do you do that? Or do you get hung up in the less-important details of life? What can you do to change how you feel about each day?
- I did something with my life that mattered. Whatever your life’s goals are, hopefully, you’re fulfilling them. If you’re not, make a plan and start working toward them today. As long as it matters to you, it’s important; it matters.
Take some time to reflect on who you are and how you’re living. Are you living the life you want, accomplishing and working toward achieving your chosen goals?
If not, you have the power right now to change your life’s direction to live out the existence you truly desire. Then, if your life was to come to an end tomorrow, you would have experienced a life of your own choosing.
I believe in you.
P.S. It’s time to start being the person you wish and living life on your own terms. Join the membership that supports you here.