What Unicorns Can Teach You About Making Your Life More Magical
Mythical white horses don’t have a monopoly on magic.
While Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccinos were only around for a few days, you can cultivate a sense of wonder that lasts for a lifetime.
Take the time to notice the small miracles that happen each day and surround yourself with love and support.
Try these tips for simple changes you can make to create a more magical daily life.
- Practice optimism. Studies show that optimists earn more money, enjoy better health, and may even live longer. Looking on the bright side is obviously strong magic.
- Offer forgiveness. Lighten your load by letting go of any past resentments and disappointments. Be sure to pardon yourself as well as others.
- Smile more. A pleasant facial expression boosts your mood and makes you more attractive and approachable. You’ll soon collect more things to smile about.
- Connect with nature. Scenic beauty and time spent outdoors can also make you marvel at the world. Start a vegetable garden or go hiking on weekends.
- Dress up. Making over your external appearance can affect your inner being. See how differently you feel when you wear a new coat or get a flattering haircut.
- Add color. Yellow may be the color most closely associated with happiness, but any hue you like can have a positive psychological impact. Paint your kitchen green or buy a purple plant for your desk.
- Listen to music. A cheerful song can transform your day. Put together a playlist that will make exercising and housework seem like fun.
- Give generously. Sharing your time, talents, and resources with others makes you feel like you have more than when you started. Volunteer in your community and give others presents even when there’s no special occasion.
- Continue learning. Acquiring new knowledge and skills shows you how vast your potential to grow is. Sign up for adult education classes at a local university or take a course online.
- Do something new. Any variation in your routine can pull you out of a rut and stimulate your senses. Spend this weekend doing something you’ve been wanting to try, like baking sourdough bread or playing ping pong.
Fortunately, there are many ways to feel enchanted even when you’re a grown-up with a family and a full-time job.
Use these tips to enjoy a magical life.