When the Going Gets Tough… Relax
Tough times are part of life but you don’t have to live with a suffering mindset. Learning to relax will lift your mood and your vibration until the tough times pass.
Here are easy things you can do to practice relaxing.
- Slow down. Do you rush around from Monday to Friday trying to meet deadlines at work and at home? Wake up early and leave a gap between appointments. Pause to collect your thoughts, and listen to the bird's sing.
- Electronic Release. Try to disconnect a few hours each day from your phone and computer. With all the virtual meetings, many people are feeling fatigued from the blue light and EMF that electronics emit. Get up and stretch.
- Pray and meditate. For many adults, spiritual traditions are the ultimate source of stability and contentment. Study inspirational texts and contemplate how they relate to your personal challenges.
- Express your creativity. Whatever your beliefs, you can blow off steam by engaging in arts and crafts. Play the piano, learn to knit or pour paint.
- Live mindfully. Studies show that humans aren’t very good at multitasking, and jumping from one subject to another creates anxiety. Focus on the present moment to accomplish more with less effort.
Ready to relax?
Choose one or two to get started this week. Access how you feel at the end of the week!
Until next time.
P.S. Learn how to stay chilled and relaxed with daily reminders here in MSM. Make the Shift.