The Don’ts of Successful People
Do you keep making the same mistakes? If you do, you might find that you make little progress in your life. There is a huge opportunity to learn from your mistakes. Those that successfully learn from their mistakes wind up being highly successful. Those that repeat them struggle. Imagine how your life would be different if you never made the same mistake twice.
Learn from your mistakes and vow to never repeat them:
1. Don’t make excuses. Excuses are preparations for failure. An excuse is a justification to fail or quit. No one will resolve your challenges for you. Take responsibility and do the best you can.
2. Don’t move forward without an objective. Life without goals is a random experience. Have a goal or expect to be disappointed. What are your goals right now? Create 3-5 goals that you can accomplish over the next six months.
3. Don’t fail to have a plan. If you have a goal, you must have a plan for achieving it. One isn’t much good without the other. Avoid hoping and wishing your goals will come true on their own. Take the bull by the horns.
4. Don’t repeat their mistakes. Most of us make the same mistakes repeatedly. Whether it’s making a poor choice in a mate, overspending, or trying to gain new customers through ineffective means, people are creatures of habit. Make habits of your effective behaviors, rather than your ineffective behaviors.
5. Don’t expect others to change. Is it easy to change your own attitudes, beliefs, or behaviors? And you want to change! Consider how hard it would be to change someone else. And they don’t want to change! You can’t change others.
6. Don’t choose comfort over progress. Perhaps the largest mistake of those who struggle in life is the tendency to place short-term comfort over long-term advantages. This is a very ineffective way to deal with life. This is the friend that asks to sleep on your couch for a few days and is still there after three months.
Make use of your mistakes. Learn from them and decide to avoid them in the future.
What are the major mistakes you’ve made repeatedly?
Why do you think you repeat them?
Do you lack awareness of your mistakes?
Examine the challenges in your life and ask yourself why they occurred. What could you have done differently to avoid those challenges?
If you need support, I can help.
All the best!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out the latest courses and products that help you live and love your best!