How to Make This Christmas a Merry, Memorable One!
There are many ways to make Christmas merry and memorable! Unfortunately, sometimes it’s difficult nowadays to feel the joy through the cluttered maze that has become of Christmas. Through the years, Christmas has strayed too far from its original purpose and become a highly commercialized event.
When it comes to the holiday season, more people are concerned with buying the “perfect” gift for others and anticipating what they will receive, rather than focusing on the true spirit of the holiday.
It’s time to get back to the basics when it comes to the season of gift-giving, love, sharing, and caring. This year, you can make your Christmas a joyous and stress-free holiday by following these 3 easy tips:
1. Give of Yourself. There are many ways that you can give of yourself to others this holiday season:
- Be a friend who listens
- Spend time with a loved one
- Help someone with their household chores
- Babysit for a mother or father who really needs a break
- Let others know that you are available anytime they may need your help
2. Use Your Talents. Ultimately, handmade gifts are priceless, whereas the store-bought gift will lose value over time. Here are some ideas of homemade gifts you can make:
- Fresh-baked cookies, pies, or jams
- Hand sewn quilts or crocheted scarves
- Framed photo collage
- Personalized scrapbooks
- Custom made jewelry
3. Cherish Your Time Together. It’s time to place our priorities on our family and friends rather than on the shopping and holiday preparations. If you want to make your holiday truly merry, remember to spend the time that you have with your loved ones enjoying each other. Make joyous memories instead of a frenzy of worrying, shopping, cooking, buying gifts, and over-stressing.
If you follow the steps listed here, you’re sure to have a merry, memorable Christmas this year and every year!