Do you have fantasies about where you’d like to live someday? Maybe it’s a beautiful little seaside town in the south of France or a logs home in the mountains of Denver. Fortunately, you can have a bit of your dream right now, where you live today, without uprooting your life!
Although it’s important to strive toward making your dreams a reality, you’ll live a happier existence in the meantime if you work to create your own paradise wherever you live.
Try some of these tips to ensure you’re l…
Have you ever found yourself in a position where you felt you were doing everything you could to help someone yet their negative situation just got worse and worse? If so, it’s possible you were enabling the other person.
You might be enabling whenever you’re trying to help someone, but your actions are, instead, exacerbating the issues.
What can you do to break the cycle of enabling someone you care about?
Follow these helpful tips:
- Stop. Even though it’s your friend or loved one, picki…
If you're blessed with a naturally positive dominant attitude, you're in solid command of your life. You're most likely already living the good life you deserve.
But if you notice that a less positive attitude is pervasive, make the decision now to alter how you think and feel.
Consider the following regarding these more challenging attitudes and the ways in which they can detract from the quality of your life:
- Sluggishness. If you have a sluggish attitude toward life, you'll find yoursel…
You can be a poor, fair, good, or great friend. Take stock of your own stable of friends. Some are just better than others at being your friend. You have friends that you trust more than others. Some friends are more enjoyable to be around.
Being a great friend is a skill that you can cultivate. There’s no risk incurred by making an effort to enhance this part of your life.
Use these strategies to be a better friend:
Keep an open mind. Most of us could stand to be a little more open-minded. W…
Building your relationship with a partner that fits well with you is exciting and life-enhancing as the two of you look forward to a happy life together. You might even discuss hopes and dreams for the future. So how do you ensure that you get to keep this wonderful experience you're building together?
There are many paths to a healthy partner relationship. However, once you get there, it most likely will look something like this:
1. Healthy partners exhibit excellent communication skills. They ap…
We’ve all heard it — that inner voice that speaks up whenever we’ve just messed up. Sometimes, your critical inner voice tells you what you should have done but didn’t. Other times, it reminds you of something you did that you could have avoided.
How can you quiet that voice before it destroys your self-esteem and confidence?
Follow this 6-step process:
1. Analyze the criticisms. Point by point, what does your inner voice say? Jot it down so you can reflect on what you feel you’re doing wron…
Have you ever had a bad day and decided to throw in the towel? A bad day can make you feel like giving up and waiting for tomorrow to come.
With some effort and a little mental toughness, a bad day can be turned into a good day.
Learn to make a good day out of a bad day with these strategies:
- If you’re at home, make your bed or clean the kitchen counters. If you’re at work, send that email you’ve been avoiding. Give yourself a small success and a little momentum.
- Make a reasonable plan to…
There are several things introverts can do to increase their happiness and life satisfaction.
Most of them are quite easy, too! Here are a few more ideas to consider:
- Choose a suitable career. A sales career might not be the best choice for an introverted person. You’ll be happier if you choose a career path that doesn’t require constant communication with others.
- Avoid over-scheduling. An extrovert might thrive with a daily schedule that includes a full day of work, meeting friends for di…
Studies show that extroverts tend to be happier than introverts. But that doesn’t mean you’re doomed to a life of sadness and misery, either! if you’re an introvert, you can’t just turn yourself into an extrovert. However, you can use these mind set tips to make your life happier.
Consider these ideas:
- Accept yourself. If you’re introverted, you’re introverted. That can be challenging in some ways and a blessing in others. You can’t change your basic nature, so you may as well embrace it. Re…
Why do some of us seem to have better intuition than others? Perhaps you believe that you lack intuition all together.
It’s a mistake to only rely on logic when you have other tools at your disposal. Give your intuition a chance.
Meditation can quiet the mind enough to notice what your intuition is saying. Your intuition might be talking to you, but you’re not getting the message.
With everything else going on in your head, you might not even notice that your intuition is trying to communic…