Clutter isn’t just physical.
It could also be mental, emotional, spiritual, and digital.
Any one or a combination of these could lead to high levels of stress and anxiety.
Here are a few ways to simplify your life.
- Clear away clutter. Clean and spacious settings make it easier to relax. Gather up items you no longer use. Donate them to charity or sell them online. As a bonus, you’ll be able to complete your housework in less time, eliminating another common source of stress.
- Buy le…
When your life is a mess, it might not be the best time to launch your business that directly competes with Facebook or to plan an assault on the summit of Everest.
Climbing Everest would be great, but it might be more helpful to be able to consistently pay your cell phone bill on time each month.
Follow these steps to build a solid foundation that will support chasing your dreams:
- Get control of your financial situation. Can you pay your bills on time consistently? Do you have enough mone…
Are you carrying around a lot more information than you’re actually applying to your life?
Decide if you have the following signs of mental obesity:
- Do you like to learn, but don’t like to take action?
- Are you great at planning, but fail to follow through?
- Do you believe the answer to your challenges is to learn more?
- Are you the smartest or most knowledgeable person you know, but your life is a mess?
Mental obesity is a trap that has its roots in the educational system. In school…
Self-esteem is essentially the quality of being pleased with yourself.
Learning how to be happy with yourself can benefit you in every aspect of your life.
Learn to love yourself and raise your self-esteem with these tips:
- Do something each day that you’re good at. We feel competent and confident while doing something that we know we’re good at. Make a list of the things you know in your heart that you do well. Do at least one of them each day and notice how you feel.
- Increase your knowl…
If you’ve ever been stuck in a rut before, the thought of taking action can intimidate and frighten you. However it can also empower you!
On today’s episode, I chat with Dee Woolridge, a naval officer turned author, inspirational healer, and author of, “The Resilient You”! Dee is an expert on mindset, communication, and resilience. Her life story is full of ups and downs that helped her navigate life through a heart-centred healing approach and new ways to connect with her spiritual self.
Having gone through many traumatic moments in her life, ranging from a cancer diagnosis to the premature birth of her daughter, Dee was able to…
What do you think of when you hear the word "attract"?
As human beings, we all come wired with that little voice in our heads that evaluates what's going on around us and gives us a play-by-play of what we should do or say next…
And this "self-talk" can either be your greatest ally, or it can be your biggest enemy.
Much of your self-talk is reasonable: 'I better slow down or I'll get a speeding ticket' or 'I'm really looking forward to having dinner with my friends tonight.'
But let's face it - your self-talk can also be pretty negative and defea…
Mind is a flexible mirror. Adjust it to see a better world.
– Amit Ray, Mindfulness. Living in the moment. Living in the breath.
Dee Woolridge is a success coach, hypnotherapist, Spiritual counselor, and award-winning author. She was with Omobola Stephen and they had a great conversation on the subject of mindset, confidence, spirituality, hypnosis, and much more. Here’s the excerpt:
OS: Tell me about yourself
DW: What I do is I’m a success coach and one of the biggest tools I use is hypnoth…
When using the Law of Attraction in my meditations, dialogues, writing, and so forth, I often say, “see the things you want as if they have already happened”. Be it now in your mind so that the universe has no choice but to make it so.
How do I do that, someone asked. How can I “be” or feel something that I'm not? I've been this way ever since I was a child, so how do I be something different?
Great question! In fact, this is a very common barrier people come up against when trying to apply th…