What a Healthy Partner Relationship Looks Like
Building your relationship with a partner that fits well with you is exciting and life-enhancing as the two of you look forward to a happy life together. You might even discuss hopes and dreams for the future. So how do you ensure that you get to keep this wonderful experience you're building together?
There are many paths to a healthy partner relationship. However, once you get there, it most likely will look something like this:
1. Healthy partners exhibit excellent communication skills. They ap…
When the Going Gets Tough… Relax
Tough times are part of life but you don’t have to live with a suffering mindset. Learning to relax will lift your mood and your vibration until the tough times pass.
Here are easy things you can do to practice relaxing.
- Slow down. Do you rush around from Monday to Friday trying to meet deadlines at work and at home? Wake up early and leave a gap between appointments. Pause to collect your thoughts, and listen to the bird's sing.
- Electronic Release. Try to disconnect a few hours each day f…
What Unicorns Can Teach You About Making Your Life More Magical
Mythical white horses don’t have a monopoly on magic.
While Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccinos were only around for a few days, you can cultivate a sense of wonder that lasts for a lifetime.
Take the time to notice the small miracles that happen each day and surround yourself with love and support.
Try these tips for simple changes you can make to create a more magical daily life.
- Practice optimism. Studies show that optimists earn more money, enjoy better health, and may even live longer. …
What if Your Life was Over Tomorrow?
How can you deepen your experience of life to get the most from it?
One way is to think about the last days of your life now and what you’ll be able to say about your life as you near your journey’s end.
For just a few minutes, cast aside your opinion that thinking about the end of your journey is “morbid.”
Instead, consider it an opportunity to enrich your current existence in ways you can’t imagine.
What would you like to be able to say about your life?
Consider these statements:
Stop Criticizing Yourself in 6 Steps
We’ve all heard it — that inner voice that speaks up whenever we’ve just messed up. Sometimes, your critical inner voice tells you what you should have done but didn’t. Other times, it reminds you of something you did that you could have avoided.
How can you quiet that voice before it destroys your self-esteem and confidence?
Follow this 6-step process:
1. Analyze the criticisms. Point by point, what does your inner voice say? Jot it down so you can reflect on what you feel you’re doing wron…
How to Turn a Bad Day Into an Amazing Day
Have you ever had a bad day and decided to throw in the towel? A bad day can make you feel like giving up and waiting for tomorrow to come.
With some effort and a little mental toughness, a bad day can be turned into a good day.
Learn to make a good day out of a bad day with these strategies:
- If you’re at home, make your bed or clean the kitchen counters. If you’re at work, send that email you’ve been avoiding. Give yourself a small success and a little momentum.
- Make a reasonable plan to…
More Happiness Tips for Introverts
There are several things introverts can do to increase their happiness and life satisfaction.
Most of them are quite easy, too! Here are a few more ideas to consider:
- Choose a suitable career. A sales career might not be the best choice for an introverted person. You’ll be happier if you choose a career path that doesn’t require constant communication with others.
- Avoid over-scheduling. An extrovert might thrive with a daily schedule that includes a full day of work, meeting friends for di…
Happiness Tips for Introverts part 1
Studies show that extroverts tend to be happier than introverts. But that doesn’t mean you’re doomed to a life of sadness and misery, either! if you’re an introvert, you can’t just turn yourself into an extrovert. However, you can use these mind set tips to make your life happier.
Consider these ideas:
- Accept yourself. If you’re introverted, you’re introverted. That can be challenging in some ways and a blessing in others. You can’t change your basic nature, so you may as well embrace it. Re…
Give Your Intuition a Chance
Why do some of us seem to have better intuition than others? Perhaps you believe that you lack intuition all together.
It’s a mistake to only rely on logic when you have other tools at your disposal. Give your intuition a chance.
Meditation can quiet the mind enough to notice what your intuition is saying. Your intuition might be talking to you, but you’re not getting the message.
With everything else going on in your head, you might not even notice that your intuition is trying to communic…
Finally, Make a Major Breakthrough in Your Life
Since change is so challenging, it’s important to put all your resources toward changing just one part of your life.
You can change if you really want to.
Follow these strategies and you can change anything about your life you desire:
1. Focus your attention on one aspect of your life. Accomplishing something big will require a lot of your time, energy, and focus. Now isn’t the time to search for the partner of your dreams, lose 40 pounds, find a new job, and train for your first marathon. P…